Active Explorer for Leaders
As an Active Explorer Leader, you will build Quests—using easy to follow web templates—that guide young Explorers on a hunt for images, audio, video or just observational notes on a specific topic. Your Quest could be a hunt for:
- different kinds of seeds (or clouds, trees, rocks, fruit, roots, fastening devices, motors, transportation vehicles, musical instruments, etc)
- images that show shadow or color
- audio memories from older family members or friends
- a map showing all the oak trees in a park
- video clips of creatures walking, running or flying
- objects with three sides, four sides, five sides, etc.
- all the foods eaten in a day
- items that come from different countries
- photos of the oldest buildings in town
As your Explorers gather data, they will save it to their accounts and share it with you. Once they complete their Quest, they log into their accounts to see what they collected, interpret it, and use it—either by themselves or in teams—to create SmartWorks: creative projects like comic strips, posters, and ebooks they can share.